Sunday, September 7, 2008

Get Ya Hair Did

JR and I attended a friend's wedding yesterday. It was very sweet, pretty and well planned out. So much time goes into making a wedding the "perfect day". From the perfect dress to the perfect food all to be shared with closest friends and family.

One thing that really struck me as odd was one of the bridesmaid's hair. I noticed her obvious lack of enthusiasm in styling her hair at the rehearsal Friday night when she had it sloppily twisted up in the back with an unattractive pin holding it into place, but I thought....whatever, it is just rehearsal. But, she kept the same style for the wedding. I couldn't help but think that it was completely rude of her. All of the planning that the bride did to make the wedding beautiful and then the person that she chose to stand with her on her special day didn't even take the time to style her hair and look presentable. All of the other girls looked beautiful, which made the one twist style girl stand out even more.

Of all the times to slack on grooming, a wedding is not the time. When everything around has purposely been decorated to be lovely and beautiful; you need to step it up a notch so that you blend with the beauty.

At the reception, my newly found confidant leaned over and said "I don't know you very well, but can I be catty for a moment? Why didn't that girl get her hair done?" I replied, "I don't know, but I wondered the exact same thing through the entire ceremony. I guess it could have been worse, the pin clip could have been a pencil".

2 comments:

Witness The Fitness said...

What? Stop hatin on my pin clip.

mollie said...

haha kellie, thats hilarious... it could have been the other extreme though: tight curls with gelled tendrils topped off with a crown and glitter.