Saturday, September 13, 2008

Friday Night LIghts

Exciting News!! I attended a high school football game last night...first one since I graduated in 1995. High school football games are whatever...boring, but oh the fans, they are so unique.

We live in a small town in South Carolina, very rural, which means to put it simple "Red Neck". So, last night I was swimming in a sea of Hill Billy and it was a sensory overload. Important note, we were not sitting with Cheraw fans, but Chesterfield fans and Chesterfield is much more redneck than Cheraw...or so my husband says.

I will begin with the sense of hearing. Normally, you can expect a fog horn or two at a game, but we were sitting near someone with a train horn. It had an air compressor and everything. I am referring to a real choo choo train horn. Loud as H E double hockey sticks!!

Next, was smell. It was hot and humid outside and it smelled like we were in a heap of hot garbage mixed with stinky feet, mustard, onions, and bad breath. It was so gross and I kept trying to focus on the clean smell of my clothes to keep from gagging.

Next, sense of touch. No, I really tried not to touch anything. That one can be skipped. Also, we can skip taste, because we ate before we got there and I wasn't hungry. Even if I would have been hungry, that would have gone away due to the rotten hot garbage smell that we were sitting five deep in.

Lastly, sense of sight. Oh my gosh!!! I could really type a lot with this one, but I will just focus in on the one thing that sticks out most in my memory. A woman changed her baby's diaper right there in the bleachers!!!! JR figured that was probably contributing to the smell.

And last, but certainly not least, my favorite quote from the night. The cheerleaders were throwing free mini footballs to the fans and someone behind us yelled out..."danga football, let's win us a ballgame".

Go Braves!!!

1 comment:

Witness The Fitness said...

HA HA HA! What about the huge woman that wanted to curse me out!?