Monday, July 19, 2010

This Weekend




This past weekend was really laid back. Me, JR and Coy went to Hartsville for dinner at Bow Thai. I always order Pad Thai as my first order at every Thai restaurant to see if it measures up to Thai House in Fort Walton Beach, which I consider to be the standard of which all Pad Thai dishes are measured. Unfortunately, it didn't measure up and we probably won't go back. I figure if you can't get the national dish correct, then I can't give you a second chance. We did get some fresh rolls that were pretty good, but those are so simple to make that it doesn't count.

After dinner, we drove by Lowes to check out swing set prices. Coy is getting a swing set for his birthday, because he loves to swing. Since the wooden playground swing sets are $1500 and are by far the popular, cool kid thing to do, we are going outside of the norm and getting him a $200 metal swing set. I figure all he wants to do is swing and that will be sufficient. Also, in a few years when he doesn't want to swing anymore, I want feel so bad about giving it away.

No comments: