Friday, January 29, 2010

Haters

Recently, a few haters have shown their faces in my life. Haters are those people who desire to bust on you and tear you down for no apparent reason. Usually, I feel like I am doing something right in my life when I have a hater. Also, having a hater is a test of my character. Often times, I want to strike back, defend myself or be mean to my hater, but I have learned to exhibit self control and love my hater.

If you have a hater, do what I do....smile, nod, and look away. Pretend to be ignorant. Pretend to have no idea what they are talking about and be nice to them. It will confuse your hater and cause them to hate you more. My hope is that eventually, my hater will self explode and change their ways.

I am thankful that I have a genuine desire in my heart to see my family and friends, happy, successful and content in their lives!

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Friday and a restful weekend.

2 comments:

Witness The Fitness said...

I love you Kellie Joyner! Love is the opposite of hate.

mollie said...

true! i have an anonymous hater. i had to have mom talk me down from the ledge of hating back. i still want to though. its hard. ha.