Saturday, October 25, 2008

Scenic Route

This past week I had to make several trips to my bank's main office in the big city of Troy, NC. It is about Ninety miles north of Cheraw with nothing but countryside in between.

I witnessed many scenes along the way. I saw where one family decided to adorn each side of their driveway with toilet bowls. Oh, but they were flower pots, really. They had pretty flowers coming out of the bowl.

I voted one family "Most Halloween Spirit", because they had transformed their front yard into a cemetery, complete with an open casket that was larger than life sized...I think that it probably housed Frankenstein or the Green Giant...not sure.

Anyway, those were just a couple of the highlights, but I did see beautiful herds of cattle and groups of lovely horses, sheep and other beautiful animals roaming in the countryside surrounded by all of trees with their new Fall shades of oranges, reds and golds. That truly was worth the drive!

1 comment:

mollie said...

i vote for the toilet bowls.