Monday, December 1, 2008

"I'm giving you a warning this time".

JR and I made our long drive back from Florida today. JR drove the bulk of the way while we listened to conservative talk radio....oh, also, JR drove 90-100 mph the entire way.

I picked up driving somewhere around Savannah and had been on the road approximately fifteen miles when BLUE LIGHTS....yes, I was getting pulled over for driving eighty. The officer came up and said the standard lines...I'm pulling you over for...I need your license and registration....I'll be right back. He did ask one question that was a little out of the box. "Do you have a reason for driving so fast?" I didn't answer him at first, because I thought it was a trick question, so he asked me "Huh?", so I answered, "no, I don't have a reason"....and that answer ladies and gentlemen was the reason he came back to my car with the warning ticket.

My advice for getting pulled over is to remain humble. The answer to the question "Do you know why I pulled you over" is... "Because I was speeding, I know... I am so sorry"..etc, etc.

Anyway, we had a very nice Thanksgiving and visit, and I am thankful that we made it back home and super thankful that I don't have to pay a fine for going with the flow of traffic.

Also, one last traffic tip, slower traffic keep right....pass the word.

No comments: