Monday, December 8, 2008

I love Soup

I don't know what it is about the cold weather, but it makes me crave soup. I have eaten chili, vegetable beef soup, southwestern corn chowder, gumbo, broccoli cheese soup...just kidding I am having a Bubba moment from Forest Gump.

But seriously, I don't want to eat anything but soup here lately. I have been researching recipes and making up my own recipes. It is really hard to ruin soup. If it is bad, you can just add tomatoes and a few spices and call it something fancy and have an amazing new dish.

*Any good soup recipes, let me know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We had some really good vegetable soup today!!! well it had some good brain slapping ham in it so would not qualify for vegetable soup!! PETA would be mad!! Why do they make those animals out of food???

mollie said...

kellie, i actually made a soup tonight too! i'm calling it taco soup. it had ground beef (.5lb) with a little bit of taco seasoning (just for taste) then i added onion and garlic... then 32oz of chicken broth with 14oz of rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies), half a lime's worth of juice, and frozen corn. i shredded the chicken breast i grilled on the george forman and let it simmer for a few minutes in the soup... topped it off with green onion, avacado, shredded cheese, and tortilla chips. delicious!