Sunday, August 24, 2008

....EAT FRESH

When eating out, I try my best to choose the healthiest option and Subway is really the only choice in Cheraw. For some reason, Subway continues to promote "Jerod" as their key advertisement despite the fact that their most appealing sub probably has more calories in it than what one person should consume in one day.

The reason that I speak of Jerod, is because Jerod scares me. I went to Subway the other day and for some reason they had a huge life sized cardboard advertisement of him propped up in front of the entrance. He scared me half to death! Not only did he look real, but he also had this huge creepy smile on his face and he was pulling at the waist of the huge pair of pants that he can no longer fit into as if to say, "come here, you can fit in here with me". I didn't know that it was Jerod at first glance, I thought it was a perverted man that probably had a kidnapper van on the other side of the building, parked and ready to drive away as soon as he threw me in the back of it.

Okay, maybe I have been watching too many crime movies or heard too many of my husband's real life stories of his clients, but seriously....Subway needs to find a new ad!

3 comments:

mollie said...

true that... jerod is played out and he looks like he's getting fat again.

Jack L. Blackwood, Jr., D.V.M. said...

Yep - But you got to respect his accomplishments and marketability!
He made himself a career bu writing a letter to subway and tell them what he did!

Shannon Stewart said...

You know he quit doing ads for a while. But I read that his wife divorced him and took all his money because he didn't sign a prenup, and is having to work again because she left him broke.