Tuesday, August 19, 2008

BIOLOGICAL WHAT?!

So, as my grandmother would say...oh, wait.......So, as my grandmother said, "You aren't getting any younger". Thanks, granny! I know how old I am. Yes, I am thirty-one and childless. But, what's wrong with waiting? I am secure enough in my person that when people ask me if my child is my grandchild I won't be upset.

But, seriously, there is a certain amount of peer pressure that comes to people who have decided to wait to have children....Grandmothers who have no problem reminding you how old that you are, Friends who have little ones who " can't imagine life without them". (Why is it that they always have that stressed out look on their face, like all the fun of life has been stripped away forever?) and..the future grandparents that see you as their own personal baby factory that they want to crank into action to produce their bundle of joy.

Yes, I do want children. Yes, I think that they are beautiful precious gifts. But, I will also, have the joy of changing my babies diapers, so I will wait until I am ready.

6 comments:

mollie said...

haha love that mama helen!

im so glad you are on blogspot now too! keep it up!

Unknown said...

Yep - everyone will tell you what's best for you!! When the time is right it will be right! ONLY consider a child when you want to!

Witness The Fitness said...

Ha! Love you Joyner!

Shannon Stewart said...

Amen to that, I totally agree with you. And what about the random people you don't even know well who touch my stomach and say, "When are you gonna give us a little one in there?" Are you gonna help me raise the thing???

But I still want to me an Auntie one day!!

Unknown said...

You'll have one when you want one and everyone will be happy.

Unknown said...

Just leave it to Anna to appease the grandparents.