Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Very Productive Day


We made a family trip to WalMart this morning to get Coy's birthday present. JR spent all morning and much of the afternoon assembling it. JR doesn't curse, however, putting a swingset together brought a few curse bombs out of him. My sweet neighbor noticed that he was about to have a melt down and offered some wonderful words of encouragement. She said, "Oh, the first one that you put together is always the hardest. I remember it took us a quart of bourban and a nap to get through it". I love my neighbor!

While JR worked on the swing set, I tried to burn some calories by push mowing our grass. Then, we took a break and walked downtown to watch a bike race. We had a friend riding as an ameteur, so we went to encourage him to finish the race. He actually placed, so we were very proud!

Tomorrow, I am going to make a trip to Charlotte to do a little shopping. JR is going to do whatever he wants to do and JR's parents are going to have fun being Granna and Grandpa with Boomy. Life is great!

1 comment:

mollie said...

naps always get me through the tough times.