Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gun Show Weekend

JR and I worked a gun show this past weekend. Rather than shopping on the busiest shopping day of the year, I helped set up gun displays. Since I hate shopping in crowds, that was a perfect alternative. JR and I had dinner at Old Town on Friday night and the food was delicious as always.

I realized on Saturday morning that I would have some long term side effects from the gun show when a vendor across from where we were set up kept burning this survival kit crap. He kept scraping shavings from one of those fire starting devices that all boyscout troop leaders should carry, in attempts to lure people in to buy one. It smelled like a cross between fire works and incense. I could tell by the end of the day that the smoke from it had damaged my nasal passages.

Since Sunday was a slower sales day from Saturday, the burning of the survival tool was on full force sale mode. By this time, it had seriously done damage and my nose kept running in defense. JR had a full allergy attack and sneezed and blew his nose all day. We kept discussing how we were going to go over to the guy and offer to buy all of the devices so that he would stop demonstrating how they work.

Today is Tuesday and I still have a sore throat. As for me, I will carry a lighter...thanks anyway.

No comments: